Funding for the PE and Sport Premium
The government is providing ring-fenced funding towards developing sport to all schools of £150,000,000. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport. Our funding comes directly to the school and is spent on improving the quality of PE and school sport for all our children.
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. At LIPA Primary School, 2015/16 was the first year we received this funding - however, we intend all children to benefit from the opportunities it creates.
We receive a basic entitlement of £8000 plus £5 for every child who is in Year 1 or above and we are guided to use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
This means that the premium should be used to:
Although our oldest children are only currently in Year 2, we want to make sport an important part of their lives. Playing sport helps to support a healthy lifestyle and also supports the development of a wide range of attitudes and behaviours which are relevant to success in everyday life such as commitment, hard work, resilience, team work and dedication. Sport is also a key part of the history of the city of Liverpool and we want to build on the interests and skills which the children bring with them.
In 2015/16, the Sports Premium allocation of £8,000 plus £5 per pupil was spent in a variety of ways:
· Purchase of additional PE resources to support the effective delivery of PE across the school
· Identification of wider PE opportunities to enhance the range of experiences for children
· Identification of additional PE specialists to provide extended PE opportunities in school
· Enhancement of playground and all outside areas to support the delivery of high quality PE
· Purchase of additional PE resources to support the effective delivery of Real PE at playtimes and
To further support the development of PE in school, our priorities for this coming year are to: